The team at Rhino Cubed is here to help you through your Cube purchase journey. We strive for transparency and consistent communication throughout the entire purchase and building process. The key milestones in the purchase process are listed below.
Determine Your Cube Needs
- On-grid or Off-grid
- Determine if you are interested in an Accessory Dwelling Unit, Airbnb or full-time living Cube
- Meet with your local zoning department to determine if dwellings under 1,000 square feet are allowed
- Secure land/location for Cube
- What do you want in your Cube?
Preliminary Design Discussion
Next, our architect will walk you through important decisions regarding design and construction of a shipping container Cube. This discussion can take place over the phone or at our office in Boulder, Colorado.
- Discuss land layout, soil issues etc.
- Identify Cube size, configuration and utlities
- Choose Cube model (please note, Rhino Cubed does not build custom container projects, however, you will have options in selecting from our different models.)
- Rhino Cubed provides complete pricing proposal and estimated shipping date
Final Design Approval
- Review pricing proposal and sign contract
- $500 downpayment due (Payment #1)
- Rhino Cubed to submit final design plan with your choices for appliances and other necessary details
- Approve final design plan
- Name your Cube
- Client works with city or county to secure all permits. Rhino Cubed can assist with this process for a reasonable hourly fee
Now for the fun part, Cube build! Your Cube will be built on-site in Louisville, Colorado per 2012 International Residential Code.
- 50% of total price due (Payment #2)
- Building usually takes approximately 6 weeks
- Two weeks prior to completion, Rhino Cubed will confirm shipping date and timing
- Upon completion, Cube will be prepared for shipping
- 40% of total price due before shipping (Payment #3)
Client Preparation Concurrent with Build
During the building process you should be planning for your foundation and utilities. Rhino Cubed does NOT coordinate the following site preparations.
- Coordinate site preparation
- Utility connections
- Foundation installation
- Local permit inspection
- Attach to foundation and utilities (Rhino Cubed representative can assist on-site, if necessary)
- Permit inspection, if required
- Final 10% payment due (Payment #4)